Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Operation Get Ready

As I write I anxiously await for a moment to finish my packing and get ready to get on the road for Christmas. The girls are, and have been ready for sometime, yet I sit, still wearing the old t-shirt and sweats I wore to bed the night before. I have on yesterday's makeup, and haven't even put in my contacts, but that's okay - I will leave the house looking better.

I refuse to play the "I look a hot mess but it's okay because I'm a mommy" card.

I don't believe in it and although it may seem shallow I think there's a nice common ground I can find so we all look presentable :)

We've been scurrying trying to get prepared and one thing I've learned is that those things that normally only took a small amount of time still only take a small amount of time but the time I have to wait to get these things done has significantly increased. Take for instance, my nails. Normally it would take 45 minutes or so, which is still does, but not until bottles have been washed, laundry has been folded and babies are fed, changed, and happy so yeah, I've been waiting all week and my nails still have chips.

It's okay though, because check these dolls out.


So what if I'm wearing a ball cap today, I still won't let myself go.

Besides, how would it look if they looked this adorable and I didn't? I don't want to embarrass them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment