Friday, June 24, 2011

A (Belated) Father's Day Post

This past weekend we were able to spend a relaxing Father's Day weekend back in our hometown to celebrate some of the best dads around! Celebrating Joey's first Father's Day was already a much anticipated event, but having both of our fathers still around and healthy to celebrate with us makes it extra special.

We both have incredibly special families and God has really been blessing all of us. Let me just share some of what's happening

1) New niece or nephew on the way! This isn't new news per say but it gets more and more exciting daily!

2) My brother in-law got a great job in a location much closer to us, and he and his wife are in the process of buying an AWESOME home!

3) My other sister in-law is coming close to finishing her Culinary training and I had my first real sample of her food and it was great!

4) At this time next year we will have our first niece (the first grandchild of my in-laws) graduating from college and preparing for graduate school!

5) Both of our parents are doing great and have been the best grandparents to our girls that we could ask for.

On that note, here are some pictures from the past week!

Grandad with Mila


My in-laws and us at El Arroyo

Visiting Tia Lor at her job which also happens to be the hospital where the girls were born!

Lola's teeth!

Mila can't believe it, she has top teeth now! FOUR teeth total!

Pool time at my sister's

They LOVED the deeper water and the inner tubes

Cousins on my side, Tristan, Keegan and my little ladies

One of my FAVORITE Father's Day photos from this weekend! They way they're looking at each other says it all.

Daddy of the year right here :)


My Daddy! 
Mila had a blast in the pool, and the exhaustion to prove it

Brandon helping Tristan look for roly-polys

Me and my dad

Lola sleeps

Mila, grandad, and Gabrielle

Another favorite! Grandad with all of his grandkids!

The girls visiting with Austyn! This pretty little girl is the daughter of one of Joey's childhood friends Billy.

Mila and Mandi

Austyn!

Billy and Baby Billy!
As I'm typing this I'm telling Joey how I can't believe we didn't get a picture of him on his first Father's Day with his daughters! I'm thinking the fact he runs from the camera has a *little* something to do with it.

In the end we had a great visit and I'm looking back for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment