Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Family, Friends, and Four Months

Life has been good. Not without a hurdle or two but I'm writing this from a place of peace and joy despite the plethora of feelings I've felt over the past couple of weeks. It wouldn't be life without ups and downs!

Today I had a quick visit from a former co-worker and friend who had the sweetest things to say about this blog and how much she enjoys reading about the girls and seeing their pictures.

It made me feel really good.

It's really easy to let the constant "You should do this..." or "this is better" type advice or criticism get a new mom down so hearing how great Joey and I are doing or just positive words in general is refreshing and a BLESSING, even if it's just regarding our blog because both Joey and I enjoy sharing this part of our lives with those that love and support us.

So this week we had the pleasure of some family time! The girls were able to spend time with their aunt and uncle Lor and Joel and cousins.








It so happens that we also had the pleasure of spending time with some friends of my mother from years ago. It turns out they don't live too far away which is great because it's nice to have a part of our hometown nearby.



The girls also got to meet their future BFF Anna who just turned 3 weeks! We've been waiting a long time for this and I was very excited to see Anna and momma. Of course I totally forgot to take pics of Anna and her mother would just kill me if I took pics of her without makeup! Either way, as much fun as I had catching up with my own BFF our girls were less than excited so they did a whole lot of this...



So yesterday we hit FOUR MONTHS! I can barely believe it. It has FLOWN by.

These past couple of weeks have been full of Bumbo time...


Synchronized sleeping...


Tummy time...


And CEREAL TIME!


Of course MOST of it stayed on lips and bibs so we may wait a couple weeks and talk to our Ped at the four month appointment to see if they ready for cereal. I'm thinking it will be delayed a but longer which I'm more than okay with.

We have SEVEN more working days until Spring Break and we are looking forward to some serious down time with just our girls and our dogs. Forget vacations, I've never been so excited to spend a week in the house until we were blessed with these angels. Not only do they keep us busy, they keep us BLESSED.

Here's to hoping your blessings are just as big! And a big thank you to that special friend for making my day :)

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, I just had so much fun looking at all of these! Every time I would turn the computer to show Michael the adorableness (as I laughed out loud at their chunky-monkey cuteness), I would scroll down and HAVE to show him another! So cute...I miss them! Ask them if they want to come stay with Aunt Brittany sometime soon, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! I love the synchronized sleeping picture :).

    ReplyDelete