Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Break Part One

Whoa. It's been awhile since my last post! Spring Break is here and it has kept us busy! On top of soccer games, and doctor appointments, we have had company and guest galore as well and if that isn't a lot, I've been taking on my freelance gigs which keep me even MORE busy. I haven't had as much down time as I hoped but it's all good, the girls love the extra attention they get from their visiting family/friends, and I love being able to pull in a little more income to get things for the girls we haven't been able to. Plus, I try to utilize the little time I do get to relax with my girls and work on a few items I'm making them, pictures soon I promise.

For instance, I was loving all of the rosettes I've been spotting in other blogs and they serve quite purposeful. I've use them for brooches, headbands, and even the tiny ones work great on custom cards. Two weeks ago I decide to use them on some cute little red cardigans I bought the girls recently and wore rosettes myself to match them.



Daddy didn't wear the rosettes but I'm okay with that :)

Recently I've developed a craving for fried cheese. It's not anything I've ever cared for until recently so I tried making some myself and they turned out great! My only problem was I made too much, but it was simple and quick. I used the recipe found here.


This past Monday marked a very special day for the girls this week as they were able to see daddy coach for the first time. 

This was actually taken at a soccer game a few days before I took the girls but you get the gist.
The weather has been too cold to take them outdoors for a long soccer game but now that regular season is dwindling down the weather has warmed up. Of course they had to dress for the occasion. I ended up using the red cardigan again, sans rosettes. I made their onesies and originally desired something that really screamed soccer but cutting a soccer ball out of red and white zebra fabric just didn't read well so I opted for a star as their mascot is the Texans and used a thick blue stitch for the border.




Speaking of soccer, daddy was dying to get the girls their first soccer uniform! We were limited to only a couple of Mexican teams and the Mexico national team so we went with that. I can't wait to take them to a Mexico-USA game so they can each sport a different country.



This week we also had our four month check up! Here are the stats!

Mila
Weight: 14 lbs 0 oz
Height: 24 inches
Head Circumference: 40.64 cms



 Lola
Weight: 13 lbs 8 oz
Height: 24 inches (she was a bit taller when measured but I'm thinking they rounded down)
Head Circumference: 39.37 cms



I am so taken aback when I look at these girls. They are really blossoming from tiny babies to little girls full of life. They are grabbing things, playing with their feet, babbling non stop and eating cereal and bananas like BIG girls.

My mom and sister feeding the girls cereal on a recent visit

I never take for granted the blessings God has given us. People have made comments regarding the adoption here and there saying the girls will always be thankful for what we've done for them and I although I understand what they're saying, I can't help but to think, "thankful for us? WE are the thankful ones!" 

WE needed THEM.

Our life was good before the girls but with them it has been better than we ever imagined. I find myself less consumed with trivial thoughts and people. When negativity tries it's hardest to hinder my happiness I just shut the door because these little angels have me captivated and as long as they and their father are happy and healthy, what else matters? Not a thing and I love the simplicity in that. 

Ahh. I have a few more days of relaxation and company ahead!

HAVE A WONDERFUL SPRING BREAK!


2 comments:

  1. Love all of the updates. I really like the picture of Lola grabbing her toy in the stroller. They are strong little gals! Pretty pictures and lots of fun - weee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! 4 months already. Love all the pics! Enjoy your new journey of parenting. I'm so happy for you and Joey. I will come over soon to meet your adorable twins. Lola n Mila!

    ReplyDelete