Monday, January 24, 2011

Gifts Galore

As I said in an earlier post, we've been very fortunate to have so many friends and family graciously shower our girls with gifts. We've barely had to buy anything ourselves to meet their needs as so much of it has been done for us.  Not only did God give us the children we prayed for, but all of these other things we didn't even think of. He is definitely Jehovah Jireh in our lives.

Gifts of all sizes, price points, and purpose make us happy, but here are just a few in particular I'd like to share.

I wish I could share them all!


1) Customized Piggy Banks

We received these as a gift from Joey's principal and absolutely fell in love with them. According to the shipping box they were ordered from Nordstrom's but this would also be a great DIY project.


2) Books

The school I teach at has a tradition that at every baby shower, the ELA department chips in and buys baby's first books. Since my first shower at my campus I couldn't wait to be given some books for my own child(ren), so needless to say it didn't take long for me to sit and have our first read together.

3) Aveeno Baby Products

A $2.99 gift can make me just has happy then a $299 gift! I quickly learned Aveeno is the way to go for most frequent baby skin conditions. Our pediatrician suggested these products when Mila was given the double diagnoses of baby eczema AND cradle cap. Luckily, our good friends the Flusches gave us some. Even better, they gave us the lavender products which are perfect for bedtime.

4) Sassy Pants

I love baby clothes that look like mommy clothes. The wash of the jeans are so different from most baby jeans and the well-worn feel to them make them feel like a nice pair of vintage Levi's. The ribbon belt and pink flower are an added bonus.

5) Sailor Girl

I'll be honest with you, I never cared for sailor dresses, but I love tradition and it's such a traditional piece. Enter my pink and black number given to the girls from a dear co-worker of mine. I love the colors but love the fact that it's still a sailor dress. The perk here is Mila and Lola's future bff Anna is due any day now and she was given a sailor dress as well! I'm hoping they will all fit into their dresses at the same time for a super cute photo op.

6) Baskets = Bonus!


I've seen some pretty creative gift bag/boxes but nothing beats a basket in my book. Baskets always have a place in our home, there's always a place it can or could be used. Baskets of any size work and whereas some people see it as another way of wrapping, I see it as an opportunity to organize and store items like bows, socks, or toys. The larger ones also make great laundry baskets. Fortunately you can purchase these pretty cheaply at Wal-Mart or Hobby Lobby (who almost always has basket sales).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lena,

    Oh my goodness...your baby girls are truly a gift from Heaven. They are so sweet! I'm so happy for you and your husband and your answer to prayer. Children are such a blessing, and I'm so glad you get to experience it!

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog last week-I'd love to have you join us Thursday's for Mama's Heart, and yes, I'll be glad to give you a reminder :)

    Many blessings to you and your family,

    Erin

    ReplyDelete