Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Tio!

This weekend not only brought on a fabulous first mother's day for me (post coming tomorrowish) but also a SURPRISE 70th birthday party for my uncle. This was such a happy event because I saw cousins that I normally only see on not so happy occasions lately it seems.

I was responsible to make a video slideshow for the event and let me tell you, it was quite the task! This all came during a week that was jam packed of things that needed to get done for other freelance gigs and work and with twins to boot, if I made it in bed before 2 a.m. I was giddy. My fatigue got the best of me by Friday in the form of a migraine that caused me to toss my cookies (twice), leave work early, and nap (for four hours). Needless to say we didn't get on the road that evening like we had planned, but made it in the next day.  During a time when we literally lose a dear uncle every year, it was nice to celebrate such a great milestone for such a great man - in other words, it was all worth it (plus I was blessed with an unexpected payment which included some heavy duty massage time here!)

My family is very special to me and I was so excited to have an opportunity for my girls to be there for such a joyous occasion. It was fun introducing them to everyone, but let's face it, it's like they already knew them thanks to Facebook and this blog :) These events our bitter sweet because we are missing so many great relatives who have already passed on, and then of course those that are around but never really, around. I can never truly express how important family is to me and I want our girls to inherit the same devotion so as long as these events occur, we will be there.

Enjoy the pics, and Tia Janie, if you read this, make sure you tell my uncle another great big happy birthday from me and our girls!


1) My uncle is serenaded to "Un Dia La Vez" a very special song to our family, a very tender moment
2) Lola enjoying quality time with her Godparents - they are a great blessing to us, and our girls
3) Mila getting some special attention from our family friend Blake
4) It took 70 years but my uncle had is first, very own pinata!
5) Lola with one of her biggest fans, my cousin Sarah
6) Yes, we're all good looking in this family:) these are my cousins Leslie and Anthony holding Mila
7) Lola and her sombrero
8) Mila with the woman that God used as a vessel to bring our girls to us, our dear pastor Lucy
9) My niece Keegan and my newest niece Tristan
10) My uncle with his daughters and son, my first cousins

We had a crazy good time and I can't wait to see everyone again soon! We love you all and thanks for showing our girls so much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment