Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My First Mother's Day

My first Mother's Day busy but blessed.

It started with my gift from my girls, a silver cross necklace with their birthstone, and some glittery silver Tom's from Joey.


No new vacuum for this momma :)


It was almost surreal that I was a mother this Mother's Day. Partly because I'm still baffled that I am FINALLY a mother, also because I stayed so busy packing, unpacking, loading, unloading, driving, visiting here and there and packing and loading to head to the next place. By the time we made it home Sunday night (we spent the weekend in our hometown) I was HAPPY to finally be able to spend the quality time with my daughters I think any mother would want on Mother's Day.

It was a big day for me, something I've looked forward to for many years and I was humbled by the experience. I know I say this often but I am forever grateful for the opportunity to raise such beautiful, precious girls. I think it's easy to take for granted what we are given when we are chosen by God to become mothers. In a world where women depend on their own mothers to raise their children, or mothers who spend more time on their own social agenda instead of at home with their family I am grateful that my heart is so embedded in theirs that being more committed to anything else is unfathomable.

Not only do I have these jewels to treasure, but the jewel that gave me life. My mother is more than one could ever want in a mom. She is my cheerleader. She encourages me, supports me, sets me straight, makes me laugh, and is my best friend.  She not only showers me with love, but my husband as well and for that I'm very thankful. Our relationship isn't perfect, but it shaped me to become the woman, and mother I am today.

Okay, I'm getting too wordy, here are the pics!

1) My girls and I on Mother's Day
2) Mom and I with washed out eyes, Mother's Day service was quite emotional
3) The man and I
4) The brother in law Brandon, my niece Keegan and my sister Mia with her baby glow!
5) The best brown sister in law I could ask for and my mother in law with her snazzy new Swarovski crystal earrings
6) My father in law Joe, nephew Rich, Mila and niece Kacie

I hope your Mother's Day brought as much joy as mine did! For all of the women who are still praying for their mommy moments, I'm still praying yours will come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment